KIA Motors Corporation (www.kiamotors.com) - a maker of quality vehicles for the young-at-heart- was founded in 1944 and is Korea's oldest manufacturer of motor vehicles. Over 2,7 million KIA vehicles are produced a year in 10 manufacturing and assembly operations in five countries which are then sold and serviced through a network of distributors and dealers covering around 150 countries. Kia today has around 48,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues of over US$43 billion. It is the major sponsor of the Australian Open and an official automotive partner of FIFA the governing body of the FIFA World Cup. Driving cars is all about travelling and the KIA Motors journey has been an extraordinary one. KIA Motors is South Korea’s oldest car manufacturer and today the second largest automobile manufacturer in Asia, as well as being a major international manufacturer of motor vehicles around the world.
The name KIA is derived from the Sino-Korean words Ki, to come out and ‘a’, which stands for Asia, jointly expressing rising out of Asia, a motoring name well recognised throughout Asia, America, Europe and Southern Africa. As part of the Hyundai-KIA Automotive Group, KIA Motors strives to become one of the world’s best and largest vehicle manufacturers, driving spirited competition in the motoring arena.
KIA Motors expanse reaches across ten (11) countries, which house fifteen (16) KIA vehicle manufacturing plants, with over forty eight thousand (48 000) employees contributing to the assembly, manufacturing, sales and marketing of KIA vehicle models. China's third plant included as pilot production has also begun, and a new plant has recently been built in Mexico to produce the ‘Forte/Rio’ model. Each of these motoring houses are responsible for the sale of over 2.5 million KIA vehicles per annum throughout one hundred and seventy two (172) countries worldwide, each guaranteeing the KIA quality responsible for the fuelled growth that this automotive brand has encountered. Turnover is currently around US$43 billion. KIA Automobile Manufacturers are further steered by six (6) Research and Development centres based in Germany, Japan and the USA ensuring that style, design and leading automotive technologies are incorporated into the assembly of our vehicle models. Coupled with automotive technological advancements the KIA Motors global design operation is now under design directorship of Peter Schreyer. Schreyer joined KIA Motors after having achieved respect and groundbreaking success with his hand in the design of the original Audi TT, VW Beetle, VW Golf V, Audi A4 and Audi A6. Peter Schreyer has also had a weighted influence in the design of the Audi R8, Lamborghini Murcielago and Lamborghini Gallardo and notably offering much anticipation to the production of upcoming KIA vehicle designs and styling. Schreyer is now the mastermind behind the KIA brands design line up and vehicle style activities at the Namyang Design Centre in Korea as well as other KIA design centres in LA, Frankfurt and Tokyo.
KIA Zimbabwe offers confidence and assurance to Zimbabwean customers, by presenting unsurpassed vehicle warranties on KIA models that this country’s motorists have not experienced before. The range in Zimbabwe boasts a staggering 5-year, UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty! The 2016 JD Powers Initial Quality Survey in the USA placed KIA in first position ahead of luxury brands such as Porsche and Mercedes-Benz. In a similar survey in Europe in 2015, Kia was also placed first along with Mazda. The ambitions of KIA Motors are sizable but within reach of achieving. Along with our sister company, Hyundai, KIA Motors is reported as being the fifth (5th) largest car manufacturer in the world, leading vehicle innovation and motoring satisfaction onto international showroom floors.
"The Power to Surprise" represents the company's global commitment to surprise the world by providing exciting & inspiring experiences that go beyond expectations.
- KIA Motors is the major Sponsor of the Australian Tennis Open
- KIA is the Official Automotive partner of FIFA as well as the governing body of the FIFA World Cup
- Sponsorship to FIFA Confederations CUP
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship
- EUROTOP partner to UEFA Euro
- Five-Star Rating for Sedona by US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Cerato: IIHS Top Safety Pick 2009
- Soul wins Red-Dot Design award 2009
- Sportage 2011 SA Car Of The Year Finalist
- Sportage and Optima win Red Dot Design award 2010
- 2010 - Peter Schreyer voted best car designer by Car Mag UK
- 2011-2015 – Sportage, Rio, Cerato all rated highly in respective ‘COTY’ categories worldwide
- Sportage wins numerous international Car Of The Year titles in 2010/2011/2012/2013
- The new Sorento voted Car of the Year in both Australia and the Middle East, 2016
- The Picanto voted South Africa’s commuter car of the year, and the Sedona the Woman’s pick
- Kia rises to 69th position (+ 12%) in 2016 in the Interbrand’s Best Global Brands report with a brand value of US$ 6.3 billion
- New generation Sportage and Optima both receive Red-Dot design awards 2016